We would like to get the word out that WordPress has been updated to v3.6.1, which is primarily a security release that addresses 13 different bugs present in v3.6. WordPress has also taken this opportunity to enhance security for file uploads, mitigating the potential for cross-site scripting attacks!
Therefore, we are urging all customers to log in to their WordPress sites and update to the latest version to help keep your site secure! It is imperative you update your site soon. You may, or may not, also be requested to perform a small upgrade to your database during the process. This is minimal and completes very quickly in our experience.
Here is a quick how-to on updating your WordPress install if you used Web Apps or Softaculous:
- Log in to SiteAdmin/cPanel for your site
- Click on “Web Apps” in SiteAdmin, “Softaculous” in cPanel
- Select “Manage Installed Apps” in SiteAdmin, or the box icon in Softaculous
- Click on the “Upgrade” link under the version number
- Log in to http://yourdomain/wp-admin/
- Under “Dashboard,” click “Updates”
- Click the “Update Now” button
- WordPress should automatically download the files, apply them, and tell you its complete
- If a database upgrade is required, click the “Upgrade” button and the database upgrade should be completed in just a few seconds
If you have any questions, please post in the comments or open a support ticket. Again thanks for your continued business and support!